We are always looking for amazing coaches!
MCA is an All-Star Cheerleading gym based in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Australia. With levels 1-5 , we offer a full range of classes to our athletes, including Level 1-5 squad, tumbling, flex and recreational classes.
Due to our incredible growth as a club, we are always on the lookout for great All Star coaches to join our team at MCA, helping to drive our vision and provide each and every MCA athlete with the opportunity to to be coached by the best.
MCA has a successful and motivated coaching program giving coaches the opportunity to grow and develop their cheer knowledge in a number of fields including tumbling, choreography, stunting and more. The gym offers a great working environment and opportunities for interstate and international travel.
Our MCA Coaches are essential components in the delivery of our All Star program and services. Coaches are required to maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of our programs, educational trends and industry development. The position requires an energetic, motivated person who is not afraid to use his or her own ideas and initiative within their class environment.
- Travel opportunities
- Generous renumeration
- Flexible hours
- Initial VISA costs for successful overseas applicants with ongoing VISA allowances.
- Travel assistance for interstate and overseas applicants to get to Melbourne
- Additional income from private classes that can be booked with athletes outside of scheduled working hours
Required Skills & Experience
- Significant experience as a head coach on both both small and large all-star teams is a must
- Experience & a deep knowledge of how to teach correct stunt technique to your level of accreditation
- Current First Aid and CPR (can become qualified in the weeks before classes begin)
- Current AASCF coaching accreditation or USASF/IASF equivalent
- A clear Working with Children Check
- A clear Criminal History Check
- Experience working with groups of athletes from 4 – 30 years of age
- Incredible communication skills, including oral, written, numerical skills, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good work ethic
Bonus Skills & Experience that we love to see
- Experience coaching levels 4 – 6 squads
- Experience choreographing routines that hit the varsity scoring rubric
- Experience & knowledge of how to coach tumbling for levels 1-5 Eg. Back Handsprings, tucks, lays etc. (experience and knowledge of coaching twisting would be a bonus and highly desirable)
International & Interstate Applicants
For the right interstate or international applicant, it will be possible to negotiate additional items into an employment contract including:
- Flights to Melbourne Australia
- Free accommodation for the first 3 weeks in Melbourne whilst finding lodgings
- Private Health Insurance and/or Hospital Cover
- Assistance with obtaining an Australian Visa for the time working here
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes diversity and offers flexible work arrangements to support our employees as well as encourage work life balance. MCA is dedicated to offering rewarding careers with challenging work and many opportunities to learn and grow. If you have strong personal values, care about people and want to make a difference in building strong athletes who love our sport, this is the job for you. Please note – it is our company policy to only hire staff that are not associated with other cheer gyms during their employment with us (ie working for MCA but also coaching or training elsewhere).
MCA is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people and is an equal opportunity employer. Any successful applicants will need to complete a Working with Children Check and Criminal History Check before commencement. References and Job History will be cross-checked once an applicant has been successfully interviewed.
All applications are to be sent with a cover letter and resume attached to danelle @ melbournecheeracademy.com