A very warm welcome back to our MCA families! It has been wonderful to see our athletes back in the gym and for us to be starting our journey towards the 2021 season.
While we are hopefully through the worst of what the Coronavirus Pandemic is going to throw at us, we are still beholden to the rules and restrictions established by the Victorian State Government, and as such we have the following rules which we require the MCA community to abide by until further notice:
- MASKS MUST BE WORN WHEN ENTERING AND EXITING THE GYM: While masks can come off during training and significant exertion, we do ask that athletes wear their masks (properly) when entering and exiting the gym.
- MCA’S ONLINE HEALTH CHECK FORM MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE PRACTICE: Anyone attending our practices must fill out our online health check form before entering the facility. Please try to do this before arriving at the gym.
- HAND SANITIZER MUST BE USED WHEN ENTERING/EXITING THE GYM: We have set up multiple hand sanitizing stations at the entrances to the gym, both in the lobby and in the athlete’s lounge. Hand sanitizer must be applied any time people enter the gym, meaning that hands must be sanitized even if people duck out into the lobby or the athletes lounge on training breaks.
- ATHLETES WILL ENTER THROUGH THE LOBBY AND EXIT VIA THE ROLLER DOOR AT THE BACK OF THE GYM: Young athletes will be escorted to the carpark by coaches, where they can meet their parents.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING MUST BE OBSERVED: While our sport requires close contact when we are stunting, athletes should still aim to observe social distancing whenever possible. 1.5 metres social distancing between athletes is required.
- BACKPACKS AND WATER BOTTLES SHOULD BE STORED ON THE SIDE OF THE FLOOR AGAINST THE WALL: Under no circumstances should athletes share water bottles during practices.
- ATHLETES SHOULD AVOID TOUCHING THEIR FACES DURING TRAINING: While the Covid risk is currently lower than earlier in the year, athletes are still reminded to avoid touching their face whilst training. If face touching cannot be avoided, we recommend that athletes first sanitize their hands.
MCA staff will ensure that:
- THE GYM IS CLEANED BEFORE CLASSES.
- MATS ARE SANITIZED DURING AND AFTER CLASSES
- ATHLETES ARE MADE TO FEEL COMFORTABLE AND SAFE. ATHLETES CAN DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS TO THEIR COACHES.
- COACHES AND STAFF WILL ADHERE TO REQUISITE SOCIAL DISTANCING/MASK WEARING RULES ESTABLISHED BY THE STATE GOVENRMENT.
- NOMINATED COVID SAFETY OFFICERS WILL MONITOR CLASSES AND ENSURE THAT RESTRICTIONS ARE ADHERED TO.
We appreciate the support of our families as we transition towards a Covid Normal, and any questions can be directed towards reception.